Poetry Freelance Writing Jobs: 5 Tips For Beginners
Ghostwriting is one of the most in demand jobs right now. You will have to be a very good writer if you are going to become a ghost writer. Even then you will also have to accept the fact that you will never get recognition for the work.
Writing poetry is very good when you are doing it for yourself but when you are doing for a profession especially as a ghost freelance writer, things can get challenging. A freelance writer is well used to rejection but when it comes to poetry, there are so many things that you will have to keep in mind. Here are some suggestions to help you.
Tips on freelance poetry writing:
- You will have to be very thorough with the client. Try to get a very clean and detailed set of instructions before you even begin thinking n you are going to do it.
- Ask for the themes and samples on how the client wishes to get the job done. If you read one of the works of the writer for whom you are going to be a ghost writer, it can be a lot easier for you to come up with new lines and similar phrases.
- But prospective are seldom so sunny and cheerful when it comes to ghost writing. The author or client may never have written a line, they may not be even sure of what they want. In such scenarios you will have to use your best judgments. You can ask them about the kind of poets they prefer and some of the poems they like best. This way you will get a god grip on what they really want.
- Keep sending your work before you start with the next stanza. You may not get immediate responses but it is better to correct one stanza than the entire poem.
- You will have to do a lot of studying on poetry. It is not simple technique of rhyming to sentence with similar sounding words. It is much more than that. There is rhythm to poetry, which is true. But there is metering, writing within a set of rules and trying to make the words form a meaning. You can take one of those poetry learning courses available online. They will help you understand the concept better and increase your chances of coming up with good quality work.