5 Things To Keep In Mind While Seeking Fiction Freelance Writing Jobs
Writing fiction freelancing is not every one’s piece of cake. To become a ghost writer you will need enough experience and also a good idea on plots and subplots. Writing can be done in different ways, fiction is a niche which very few writers excel in. to begin as a fiction writer you will have to read a lot of fiction yourself and also have a good imagination. Here are a few tips on how to be one.
Things to do get fiction freelancing jobs:
- The first thing you will have to do is catch up on some fiction yourself or the kind of fiction you prefer. There are different sub genres of fiction and you will have to decide on your niche. There can be historic fiction, fantasy fiction or science fiction but you will have to be well aware of what passes in those circle because each of them are distinctively different.
- The second thing you will have to do is set up your own website as a ghost writer. Since yo9u cannot give link to your published works you can give a few good samples of your won writing. This will help potential clients to judge your work and hire you.
- Most ghost writers are anonymous and do not get credit for what they write after their research and thinking. This is something you will have to live with. You will have no royalty or copyright over the book so if it becomes famous it will not be you getting recognition as the writer.
- To get good offers you will have to be proficient in your field you cannot do that without doing some credible work. Once you have done a few good books according to the client’s preference, your ratings will go up and then you can ask for higher rates. So try and stick to the guidelines as much as you can.
- Be prepared to take rejection. Freelance writing is not a bed of roses and you will get your work rejected specially while writing fiction. There can be 100s of reasons why the client may not like your writings. You will have to live with it and start afresh or make necessary changes depending on what the client may want. So you better show them the samples before accepting the offer.